[Flounder] volunteers needed

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Mon Mar 7 14:09:41 AEDT 2022

We need more volunteers to make this a successful group.

The first and most important thing we need is more featured training events.
This is a big thing to do, but shouldn't be that difficult for the developer
of a system.  I can work with anyone who's ready to run the training to setup
VMs and test it out before the meeting.  Currently we have a volunteer to do
something related to BSD Unix which is I think is a really good thing as most
of us ony use Linux and could learn from other systems, that might be June.
So we need offers for July and August.

The next thing that would be beneficial is to have some more people to do the
free software news segment.  While Andrew Pam did a great job (better than me)
and I hope he will continue it, I think that having different people on
occasion will give a different perspective.  We also could have multiple
people speaking about FLOSS news at one meeting giving their different ideas
of what's important.

When the meeting is running it would be good if someone could be dedicated to
the task of monitoring Matrix and email in case someone has problems
connecting.

After the last meeting someone emailed me saying that they wanted to join but
couldn't work out how.  Suggestions on how to impove the web site will be
appreciated.  If anyone would like to help run the site that would be great
too!