[Debian-au] Wrap-up [Was: SLUG Debian SIG]

Robert Thomson sirrmt at dingoblue.net.au
Thu Aug 9 04:33:23 UTC 2001

If only I had remembered.  I was sitting at home last night, twiddling
my thumbs, wondering what to do.

And I could have been attending an 18th! .. .. and the Debian sig,
I suppose.

Next time I'll come!

Cheers,
    Rob.

begin Craige McWhirter quotation:
> Despite lacking a speaker and having to share premises with an 18 y/o
> girls birthday party, another successful Debian SIG was had by all. Some
> highlights:
>
> - Got the webcam working but no-one had install any apps to drive it
> - Peter Hardy brought in his hardware hacked luggable computer, very
> niftily upgraded from a 386 to a P90 (had to be seen).
> - Chris brought in a "Telxon PTC-1194 Industrial Laptop" which had a
> Magnesium Alloy case and detachable touch screen.
> - Played with some USB goodness.
> - Thom May brought in the funkiest laptop, a Sony Vaio not
> available in Australia (PCG-SR21K).
> - Mucked around with some DELL laptops
>
> Essentially, everyone got hands on with some interesting hardware and
> got into some good conversions about all things kernel and Debian.
> During one abortive go on my laptop with the web cam Tony Green determined
> that all devices should work with drivers of other devices that are
> within in 6 degrees of seperation. It was generally agreed that this was
> fair and Linus will be contacted regarding this post haste.
>
> Thus spake Craige McWhirter (Craige.McWhirter at BabcockBrown.com):
<snip>

--
De lia vivo arangho estas trinko kaj mangho.
		-- L.L. Zamenhof, "Proverbaro Esperanta" (1905)