[Chlug] Fw: CHLug

Karl Clements phoenix at austnet.org
Sun Nov 23 09:33:02 UTC 2003

The problem with hosting in AU is telstra and their costs, which is why
people put it off shore which keeps the costs high (vicious
cycle).

I would love to see the site hosted in AU, if you hadn't made the offer
i would have put it up in the US.

The idea of a LUG ISP sounds great, how ever I doubt anyone in this area
would be able to fund such a thing which is unfortunate. I currently use
Internode for my broadband adsl, they support linux maybe contacting
them about it might be an idea, especially because they are really into
new initatives and stuff.

The idea of the linux userbase growing 112% in 2 years is appealling but
i find it somewhat unrealistic at this stage, however that might be my
cynasism kicking in.

I know a few people who would prefer AU hosting if they could get it for
the right price.

PS: I forwarded the other email and replied this to the list

- --
Karl Clements

<reply who="Scott McLachlan" date="Sat, 22 Nov 2003
20:20:11-0500">