[Cbsupport] Web cameras for Linux

Hiddensoul (Mark Clohesy) hiddensoul at twistedsouls.com
Fri Jun 8 03:24:21 UTC 2007

HI I found out about this guy a couple of months ago while trying to get my
"cheap" AU$35 webcam working with Linux. I stumbled on to a site about a
french guy who has written a driver that supports over 230 cheap webcams, My
Vi-micro cam and my Quickcam (both USB) work in linux, check out his site at
http://mxhaard.free.fr/ for supported cams and downloads for diffrent
distro's.

 Also if you want to read an interview with him check out

Hope this helps

On 6/5/07, Kylie Davies <mailkylie at optushome.com.au> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has had any recent experience with buying a web
> camera for Linux?
>
> If so what camera did you get, where and approximately how much did it
> cost? Maybe you just know of a camera that will work.
>
> Please send answers to this list, the person who wants to know is on
> it. :)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kylie
>

> --
> Kylie Davies
> President/Coordinator
> Computerbank Victoria Inc
> http://vic.computerbank.org.au
>
> Recycling computers with care for the community and the environment.
> Low cost Linux computers for concession card holders.

Mark Clohesy
www.twistedsouls.com
hiddensoul at twistedsouls.com
PH: +61 406 417 899
Kubuntu Linux..
----
"Until we understand quantum gravity, we're not going to be running Linux on
a black hole,"
Seth Lloyd of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology