[Cbsupport] [Fwd: Can't login in as me after HDA1 error - any suggestions please ??]

scott at roadtech.com.au scott at roadtech.com.au
Wed Mar 31 11:50:02 UTC 2004

cbsupport-admin at lists.linux.org.au wrote on 31/03/2004 01:38:09 PM:

> Any suggestions folks?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Kylie

What happens when you type startx from the tty?
are you using gnome or kde?
If you don't mind loosing the configuration of gnome or kde being lost,
you could move .gnome or .gnome2 or .kde
You won't loose any files, just how your desktop looks.

If that doesn't work, put it back and try something else.

It does sound like a config in one of the window managers went skew, it
has happened to me before.

Cheers,

Scott