[Cbsupport] Re: Hard drive

Derek Vanderkruk Derek.Vanderkruk at i-solutions.net.au
Fri Jun 18 07:12:01 UTC 2004

That would make your PC a Deskpro 2000. I haven't opened mine for over a
year now (they are in the shed now gathering dust) so this is all from
memory.

The PII supports Ultra ATA, so the drive size shouldn't be a problem.
You should also use an 80 wire cable. There is a rompaq available for
the dp2000 to allow them to recognize drives larger than 8gb here

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/Deskpro/us/download/9344.html

I think for mounting the drive as a second hdd you will have to get
mounting brackets to mount it in a 5.25" inch bay (they only room to
mount 1xfdd and 1xhdd in the 3.5" bay)

Derek