[Cbsupport] Hard drive

Deb&Max hortnfash at dodo.com.au
Mon Jun 7 14:44:10 UTC 2004

HI All
Office works is selling  a Maxtor 80GB Retail Hard Drive Kit for $149
with Installation instructions for DIY.  It has an Ultra ATA/133
interfacing.

I was wondering, If I bought something like this could I install it on
my Linux 2.3
GB  and if so how like can I just follow th instructions.  As in would I
piggy back it or would I remove the other one and replace it and would I
need to reinstall Knoppix or what.  Or is it just beyond my means and
would I need to take the box into Computerbank and get them to do it and
can they deal with Maxtor.  I don't necessarily want 80GB, 20GB would be
plenty I was reading the Catalogue and saw this one and thought it a
good price.
I think this is the site for more info

> http://www.maxtor.com.au/_files/maxtor/en_us/documentation/data_sheets/diamondmax_plus_9_data_sheet.pdf

Of course other considerations are it is a Pentium 199MHz, Linux, using
reiserfs, kde 3.1.5,
i586 with 128MB (PC 133 I think) SDRAM, Release 2.4.22-xfs and would you
need to change any of that?
thanks
Avery

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0423-2, 04/06/2004
Tested on: 5/06/2004 7:23:07 PM