[Cbsupport] Knoopix reinstall with OO.o 1.1

Simeon Scott shevek at bur.st
Tue Feb 17 23:06:09 UTC 2004

Avery,

I'm not going to try to answer any of your questions, don't have time
and you mentioned 'info only' so ... :)

But, I can give you a tip, which may be helpful for several of the
questions:

There is a apt-source search engine at www.apt-get.org

You search for a piece of software, eg open office, and it tells you if
there are any apt caches available with that software.

Then you add the mentioned apt sources line to /etc/apt/sources.list and
do apt-get update.

Then you can try to add the software. You have to be quite
careful/cautious/or wacky because dependency issues are not always
sorted cleverly when using combinations of these external apt sources
(they aren't official debian ones). I think the software is all fairly
OK because so many people use debian, if there were malicious wares
someone would probably notice before you or I.

Simeon