[Cbsupport] Sou8rce list au Mirror

Grant Diffey nevyn at artificial-stupidity.net
Wed Oct 29 20:44:39 UTC 2003

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 09:48:05PM +1100, M&D wrote:
> Hi Guys

> I am trying to do a update for security patches for Internet use

Knoppix do not provide security updates for their distribution

> What do I change this to please?
> I can change it kdesu kate password and save and exit

Congratulations you can use an editor

> I don't really want to change anythign nor an upgrade if I can help it

So don't. knoppix is reasonably up to date out of the box..
if you want a secure supported OS install DEBIAN stable. ( that means
kde 2.2 and xfree 4.2 and yes that's old) you can either have the new
shiny stuff or a secure machine not both.

> just to patch for the Internet and security
> If I can remove this from the source list and if I don't need I can do
> that too

You can just comment things you don't need/want using #

> # Java
>
> deb ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/languages/java/linux/debian woody main
> non-free
>
> deb-src ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/languages/java/linux/debian woody
> main non-free
>
> deb ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/languages/java/linux/debian unstable
> main non-free
>
> deb-src ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/languages/java/linux/debian unstable
> main non-free
>
> # deb http://people.debian.org/~sgybas/jdk13

All the above relate to java. if you don't want to use them put a # at
the start of the line in question.

On the note of email formating. Internet best practice is to wrap at 72
columns which allows for a few levels of reply before causeing ugly
wrapping.  now as most clients can wrap messages properly this isn't
such a big issue.. but it's still nice.

Also kylie your email client is broken. and does not include a
In-Reply-To header. Change to something that works.

--
Grant Diffey aka "nevyn"

President of Computerbank Australia Inc.
http://www.computerbank.org.au/