[Cbsupport] Printers ... Updating CAI_Vic list for users interested in purchasing printers for their LINUX systems

Kylie Davies mailkylie at optushome.com.au
Fri Dec 5 10:20:01 UTC 2003

Greetings all,

I know someone recently posted on this topic - however - I think it
needs to be asked again - due to the poor response obtained... ;)

I'm interested to hear about _your_ experiences with Linux / CUPS and
printers...

What printer have you used / purchased recently that worked with your
Linux system using CUPS... was it EASY to configure ..eg: intuitive - no
special parameters required ... ? Was it usb or ?? How much did it cost?
Where did you get it from?

I am particularly interested in new / current model printers.... ones
that people could easily find in shops.

Victoria is trying to update our printer list for people wanting to
purchase computers and we'd like to be able to recommend tried and
tested printers.... your help ... may guide us. :)

Yes ... I know linuxprinting.org is _the_ resource site for linux and
printers - but I want to hear about 'real' life experiences... :)

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Kylie

---
Kylie Davies