[Aslug] Fwd: Python Aboriginal ebooks for 3K OLPC laptops

ninti at internode.on.net ninti at internode.on.net
Tue Mar 23 14:38:01 EST 2010

Hi All

Currently I work for NTDET with the OLPC XO Fedora based laptops.
Previously I have been teaching in very remote Aboriginal  communities
for 12 years. I have also completed MIT at CSU.  We will have 3000
green machines for primary school children that we would like to load
with Aboriginal readers. Presently Gcompris is the most efficient
working literacy software on the XO . It is made in Python. I would
like to use it as a template to digitise Aboriginal readers by
inserting text, music and speech in various Aboriginal languages.

The author suggested that I edit the source code. As I don't know
Python, I am looking for someone who could help me to edit the source
code to my needs.  Gcompris can be downloaded from
http://gcompris.net/-en-

I have joined the ASLUG list.

Kind regards

Krys