[Announce] So long, and thanks for all the fish | a final Linux Australia update from Kathy

Linux Australia President president at linux.org.au
Mon Jan 21 09:36:42 AEDT 2019

Hi everyone,

Firstly a huge welcome to those who are at linux.conf.au 2019 in
Christchurch this week - some have had troublesome journeys and
arrivals, but you're safe here now ;-) Steven, Lisa and their incredible
team of volunteers have done an outstanding job, the venue and surrounds
are amazing and we're sure you'll have an intense and memorable week.

After tonight's AGM I'll be bowing out of Linux Australia duties for the
foreseeable future, and wanted to pen one last update.

        Linux Australia AGM | Council Election | Constitutional Changes

Tonight at 5.30pm NZDT (3.30pm AEDT) the Linux Australia AGM will be
held. A Zoom conference is available for those attending remotely at:
https://zoom.us/j/9523970925

The AGM has been posted previously to this list, and a reminder was sent
this morning.

The Annual Report is available at:
https://linux.org.au/about-us/annual-reports/

Voting has now closed on both the Council Election and Constitutional
Changes and the results will be scrutinised by our Returning Officer,
Stewart Smith and will be announced at the AGM.

One Council position of OCM remains vacant after the nominations closed;
this vacancy will be opened at the AGM and nominations called for from
the floor. If more than one nomination is received a vote will then be
held to elect the vacant OCM role.

        VALA Tech Camp diversity scholarship

Linux Australia has again partnered with VALA to offer a diversity
scholarship for regional, rural and Indigenous GLAM - galleries,
libraries, archives and museums practitioners - to attend VALA Tech Camp
in Melbourne in April. We see this as a small gesture to help improve
diversity and inclusion. If you have relevant regional, rural and
Indigenous networks, please do share this out to them.

https://www.vala.org.au/events/vala-tech-camp-2019/

        So long, and thanks for all the fush ;-)

Over the last two years it's been a privilege to help advance Linux
Australia, building on the work of previous Councils and Presidents. The
details of our achievements are covered in the Annual Report, however
I'd like to give a special mention to outgoing Council Members Cameron,
Cherie, Hugh and James for all their efforts during the year, and a
special thank you to Sae Ra and Russell for their continued service in
2019.

May your dashboards be green and your packets be fast.

Best, Kathy

--
Kathy Reid
President