[Announce] Copyright Legislation Amendment Bill 2004

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at physics.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Dec 1 00:14:21 UTC 2004

Pia Smith wrote:

> Does anyone know where the Copyright Legislation is so we can look at how
> the changes work? (IANAL :)

At

  http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/toc-C.html

is a list of all Australian consolidated acts starting with C.  Scroll
down to find the two copyright acts I believe are applicable here:

  COPYRIGHT ACT 1968
    http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ca1968133

  COPYRIGHT AMENDMENT (DIGITAL AGENDA) ACT 2000
    http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/caaa2000294

Also, the link to the bill seems to have changed - it's now at

  http://parlinfoweb.aph.gov.au/piweb/browse.aspx?NodeID=30

rather than

  http://parlinfoweb.aph.gov.au/piweb/browse.aspx?NodeID=29

Perhaps it's better for people to go to the list of current bills at

  http://parlinfoweb.aph.gov.au/piweb/browse.aspx?path=legislation%3Ecurrent+bills+by+title

which hopefully won't move.  Scroll down to "Copyright Legislation Amendment
Bill 2004".

I hope this helps.

Regards
  jonathan