[Linux-aus] How the council breached their constitution - membersregister request section 7

Nathan Bailey web at polynate.net
Thu Jan 11 13:54:13 AEDT 2024

I agree that it's beneficial to minimise constraints on council/LA, but
also to empower them to protect us in the fashion we might expect. The
current privacy setting seems a good compromise.

If we do move towards blocking member requests for access to the register,
we need to consider the case where council becomes corrupt, hostile or
frivolous. A non-council moderated mechanism is required to be able to
contact all members. This could be as simple as a web form, accessible only
to members, that council are obligated to maintain unimpeded, that messages
all members. If such messages are sent with the "From" of the actual
sender, we (members) could then block anyone who used the form
inappropriately.

I am also confused about why Marcus hasn't clarified the original intent of
his request. I think Dustyn's response is helpful here. Marcus, can you
clarify (a) what you're trying to do; and (b) whether Dustyn's alternatives
will meet your needs?
-N