[Linux-aus] Cheap VMs in Australia

Al Maclang almaclang at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 00:06:28 AEDT 2024

Hello Team,

Additionally, if you are considering a commercial tier, I recommend Oracle
Cloud, as it is more cost-effective compared to other competitive cloud
providers. For more information, please refer to the link below:
https://www.oracle.com/au/cloud/pricing/

Thank you, and I wish you a blessed week ahead.

Kind regards,
Al

On Sat, 6 Jan 2024 at 23:32, Al Maclang <almaclang at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Team,
>
> I suggest exploring the Oracle Cloud, which offers a free version. You can
> find more information at the following link:
> https://www.oracle.com/cloud/free/
>
> Additionally, this YouTube link provides further insights:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWeFD4NNF5o
>
> Please note that this service is completely free, with no additional or
> hidden costs, and it remains free indefinitely.
>
> Kind regards,
> Al
>
> On Sat, 6 Jan 2024 at 22:16, Euan de Kock via linux-aus <
> linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au> wrote:
>
>> I'm using the AWS lightsail instances for running a bunch of small
>> servers. They cost between USD 3.50 for a very small instance (512Mb) all
>> the way up to about USD 160 for a 32Gb one. A 4Gb instance is USD 20 per
>> month.
>>
>> There's a few extra costs if you want a fixed IP and DNS hosting etc, but
>> it's pretty competitive.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Euan.
>>
>> On Sat, 6 Jan 2024, 11:59 Russell Coker via linux-aus, <
>> linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au> wrote:
>>
>>> What are good options for cheap VMs in Australia?  A friend needs
>>> something
>>> small like 4G of RAM and 20G of storage for commercial use running a
>>> LAMP
>>> stack.  The code to run is all PHP so ARM is fine.
>>>
>>> I've had years of good experience with Linode (particularly since they
>>> switched to SSD storage) and they have a DC in Sydney, $24/month for a
>>> VM with
>>> 4G of RAM and 80G of storage.
>>>
>>> AWS is known to be solid, for reserved instances paid up front for a
>>> year a
>>> t4g.medium (ARM VM with 4G of RAM) costs $218 per annum plus $19.20 per
>>> month
>>> for storage.  AWS also has extra costs for IOPS to EBS storage and for
>>> data