[Linux-aus] contest proposal

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at just42.net
Sat Jan 6 17:49:22 AEDT 2024

On Sat, Jan 06, 2024 at 01:10:49PM +1300, Mark Foster via linux-aus wrote:
> There's plenty of websites I simply avoid if I don't have NoScript and
> other tools active for (Privacy Badger for example) but it requires enough
> cloo to know which scripts you are happy to run vs what functionality you
> are willing to sacrifice, not something for the average user.

Yes, pretty much this.  I love NoScript, but it breaks *most* websites to
varying degrees.  I make allowances for this.  The average user would not
bother, and arguably rightly so.  NoScript is a great low level tool for
those who understand what it does and how to set it up optimally for their
use case.  For the typical user of the web - who just wants things to work -
a more refined approach is required.

Regards
  jonathn