[Linux-aus] Conservancy's annual fundraiser just launched - please donate!

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Sat Nov 25 08:36:40 AEDT 2023

Unfortuneately I get the error "Donations to this recipient aren't
supported in this country" from Paypal.

Looks like this is a known problem from "Asia"

https://inkscape.org/forums/questions/donate-to-inkscape/

also got the same error with SPI.

On Wed, 22 Nov 2023, Ben Sturmfels via linux-aus wrote:
> Software Freedom Conservancy have just launched their annual fundraiser, so
> if you're in a position to, please support their hard work and leadership in
> the free and open source!
>
> Please become a sustainer here:
> https://sfconservancy.org/sustainer/
>
> As you might know, Conservancy provide an organisational home and services to
> some critical projects like Inkscape, OpenWRT, Busybox, Git, QEMU and Samba.
> They run the Outreachy program to get under-represented groups involved in
> free and open source. They also work to ensure you have the rights to
> study/modify the software on the devices you own, by working with
> manufacturers to ensure GPL license compliance. There's a great 3min video
> with more detail at the above link.
>
> The Linux Australia community have a long history of generously supporting
> Conservancy's work, so please show them you still value what they do.
>
> (Disclaimer: I am biased because I do a little bit of contract work on
> Conservancy's systems, but I have just renewed my own personal annual
> contribution.)
>
> Regards,
> Ben

Simon Lyall  |  Very Busy  |  Web: http://www.simonlyall.com/
"To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar