[Linux-aus] Conservancy's annual fundraiser just launched - please donate!

Ben Sturmfels ben at stumbles.id.au
Wed Nov 22 12:14:38 AEDT 2023

Hi Folks,

Software Freedom Conservancy have just launched their annual fundraiser,
so if you're in a position to, please support their hard work and
leadership in the free and open source!

Please become a sustainer here:
https://sfconservancy.org/sustainer/

As you might know, Conservancy provide an organisational home and
services to some critical projects like Inkscape, OpenWRT, Busybox, Git,
QEMU and Samba. They run the Outreachy program to get under-represented
groups involved in free and open source. They also work to ensure you
have the rights to study/modify the software on the devices you own, by
working with manufacturers to ensure GPL license compliance. There's a
great 3min video with more detail at the above link.

The Linux Australia community have a long history of generously
supporting Conservancy's work, so please show them you still value what
they do.

(Disclaimer: I am biased because I do a little bit of contract work on
Conservancy's systems, but I have just renewed my own personal annual
contribution.)

Regards,
Ben