[Linux-aus] GUI programming

Svetlana Tkachenko svetlana at members.fsf.org
Mon May 22 09:34:25 AEST 2023

> What's the easiest way of doing GUI programming on Linux?  When I Google this
> I get lots of results about Python programming, Python isn't a language I like
> or want to learn but I wouldn't rule out using it for simple things if it is
> much easier than other options.  I would prefer C/C++.

I like wxWidgets and Code::Blocks: at least there is one IDE for this toolkit; it is in C++; its look and feel are comparably reasonable. (My second best choice is GNUstep.)

--
Svetlana Tkachenko, Associate Member of the Free Software Foundation
= Gryllida, Volunteer for the Wikimedia movement in English and Russian