[Linux-aus] RISC-V

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sat Mar 25 11:21:33 AEDT 2023

https://www.earth.li/~noodles/blog/2023/02/visionfive-2-impressions.html

Some of this recent RISC-V hardware seems pretty good.  A 10 hour Debian
kernel build suggests that it's about 2% the CPU speed of a high-end server
CPU from 2015 which is pretty decent for an embedded device, I still have some
laptops in use with similar performance.

I think it would be good if we had a group of Linux people who have the time
and interest to do stuff with this (NB this does not mean me) and a Linux
Australia grant to buy a set of identical RISC-V systems for them.