[Linux-aus] SMTP Server recommendations

Russell Stuart russell-linuxaus at stuart.id.au
Fri Jun 9 07:43:19 AEST 2023

I'm after an SMTP relay service, ie something that accepts email via
SMTP on some port other than 25, and relays it for me.

The reason is my families email server is one I run myself from a server
sitting a home on a NBN connection with a static IP, but I'm moving
house and will lose access to a static IP for a year or so.  The
simplest thing seems to me to move my email server into a VPS, but it
seems VPS's now near universally block outgoing connections to port 25
for new customers for understandable reasons.

The VPS providers say you should use an SMTP relay service instead, and
one even suggests a free one to use.  But the suggested free one hasn't
respond to my new account request.  There are others I can try, but
following the other Russell's example I thought I'd ask here first.

--
Regards,
Russell Stuart