[Linux-aus] LUGs

dvalin at internode.on.net dvalin at internode.on.net
Fri Jul 7 16:24:18 AEST 2023

 Some of the less active members have moved from busy
working in IT, and living so far out in outer suburbia that
meeting attendance was a rare affair, to an equally busy
retirement, renovating and owner-building.

My Linux-related focus is currently moving to VenusOS,
running on RPi, to manage Victron inverters in an off-gridnew build.
(The RPi 4 drought seems to have broken.)
And some would shift to BSD before tolerating monstrously
monolithic Poetterware. Admitting corporate sabotageof the dream has
not helped.
Many problems can be solved by searching an errormessage, even if it
must be dug out of dmesg At least,I hope that is the reason for
dwindling list questions, and
it's not just dwindling numbers of users.