Re: [Linux-aus] President's Report: August / September 2006

Anthony Towns wrote:
On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 11:29:54PM -0700, Michael Still wrote:
Jeff Waugh wrote:
I hope we're not considering implementing attendance-maximisation through
obscurity?
... and why not? It makes total sense. [...]
This has been done for previous conferences.

Quite deliberately, in fact; personally I think it'll be interesting to see how Sydney does with numbers given people know the next conference will be in Melbourne, and Sydney have a lot of places available and a lot of neat ideas on the table. I think lca probably attracts enough people (and probably sponsors) that having people skip a year might actually be a feature, in that it lets more people enjoy the lca experience instead of missing out due to lca being booked out... But we'll see.

I agree. While I realize that the AUUG conference is a different event, it is also interesting to note that AUUGs held in Sydney always have better attendance that those held in Melbourne. I wonder if the same is true of LCAs?

Mikal