Re: [Linux-aus] Student Run ICT

Glen Turner wrote:

A lot of US universities make great use of paid students to
provide help desk and similar services.  One of the better ones
I saw had a student-staffed drop-in center where you could
take your laptop, demonstrate your problem, and get it seen
to.

Frankly, it's great work experience if you can get it... It's how I started out, and I am sure that's true of a lot of other people too. In fact, when I'm interviewing people one of the things I look for is hands on experience, which is something this sort of student (they're called TAs in the US) can provide.

On the other hand, I still think you need a cluefull full-timer guiding stuff. That gives you the continuity, and ensures that the students are all pulling in the same direction.

Clueful students helps too.

Mikal