Re: [Linux-aus] Chosing an Open Source licence

On 21/04/2006, at 5:12 PM, Avi Miller wrote:

Hey guys,

Hypothetically, if one were to be trying to decide which OSI Approved Open Source licence one might hypothetically wish to apply to one's product, where would one go to get a nice side-by-side comparison of the various licences? It would be great if there was a site that had some Australian legal ideas as well.

Essentially, I'm trying to work out which licence would be the best fit for a particular product, based on certain commercial requirements. I know I can read each licence, but I Am Not A Lawyer and I'd hate to get something wrong. :)

If I recall correctly, Martin Fink's book has some good business- oriented discussion of this, and related issues. You may be able to get a copy by asking a linux person at your local hp office.

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2002/021024b.html

--
Martin