Re: [Linux-aus] Ubuntu Certification (was: lca2005 CD)

On 4/5/06, Les Bell <lesbell@lesbell.com.au> wrote:
... (snip Les' excellent summary of the test development process)

> The test items are themselves extensively reviewed and then tested by
> LPI's consulting psychometrician.

AIUI there is also an additional step before new test items are
actually used "for real": they are randomly inserted into live tests
as non-assessable items, with no indication to the test subject that
this is the case. The results for non-assessable questions are then
compared to the overall results for assessable questions to determine
if they are pitched at the correct level of difficulty compared to the
other questions.

>From what I've seen of the way LPI do their test development it's an
extremely thorough process.

Cheers  :-)