From: sam@shallow.net (Sam Watkins)
To: Avery de Brouwer <averydebrouwer@msn.com>
Subject: Re: firewall& flashviewer home use
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 22:42:24 +1000

Avery de Brouwer wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a firewall for debian to do safe internet banking and
> credit card transactions and wher to download it

You don't need a firewall.  Just a normal web browser with SSL (secure
sockets layer) will suffice.  You already have that, i.e. konqueror.

> The same please for a flashviewer
> both for home or domestic use

You can probably download flash from http://macromedia.com/ if you
follow the links.  Or search Google for "flash player linux download" or
something similar.

If you want to try something fun, please take a look at the free
community project website:

http://cards.sourceforge.net/

We're a bunch of people who are sick of using money for every little
thing, and we're doing something about it.  If you're interested in the
idea, please let me know and I'll tell you more.  Basically, we make
cards with our needs and abilities listed on them, and give them to
other people.  When we find someone who needs help we can give, we
contact them, and if we need help, we look for someone who can help us.

Sounds simple, but it works.  Richard Stallman, the famous free-software
guru, joined our community the other day!

Sam

http://cards.sourceforge.net/cards/sam

Hotmail now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_mobile.asp

--- End Message ---