[Video] Freeseer

Mark Ellem mark at colmiga.org
Thu May 9 18:35:55 EST 2013

Has anybody used Freeseer for conference recording? It looks good, especially how it gets scheduling info via an RSS feed and the new plugins architecture of version 3.

Website is here: http://fosslc.org/drupal/freeseer

Down sides of it is the lack of video switching plugin. I am planning to see if I can make a plugin based on GStreamer's input-switcher. Main issue I see is a design limitation of the plugins where they can't draw GUI elements or accept keyboard input from the recording GUI.

Being its written in Python it should hopefully be trivial to fix. I am also going to write a plugin for video input from Blackmagic Decklink API (ie Intensity Pro) cards which should also be really easy.

Regards,
Mark Ellem