[LC++] Logical/structural question about plugin systems

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Mon Jun 11 20:34:22 UTC 2007

Hi everyone!
  I'm working on an I/O library. but there's a question. I plan to have input
and output plugins, that can be loaded via at runtime via a user-config-file.
But there needs to something like an exclusion clause built into the library,
because some i-plugins can't work with o-plugins. How best to realise the
exclusion matrix? I think it might be best to do it at a global level, because
modules/plugins might be added and so we can easily keep track of it.
  Any ideas, suggestions?
  Kindest regards
          Julien

--------