[LC++]a bit [OT]: float-dificulty

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Mon Jul 24 04:44:42 UTC 2006

Hi Crhis!
  Unfortunitely it's a bit more complicated than a simple loop. I use it in a
set function, which can be triggered from in/decrement functions and by just
entering a value. Should I
  1. just add 0.0001 to my max value, for this is the highest precision
allowed with the functions or
  2. look for some kind of imprecision-function, which can truncate a value to
a given number of digits?
  I think 2 would be cleaner. Is there a function like that, which is
efficient. This is all for a UI-library.
  Kindest regards and thanks!
          Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net - the Linux TextBased Studio guide