[LC++]Compiles with g++-3.2 but later versions flakey. Why?

Dr Mark H Phillips mark at austrics.com.au
Wed Oct 26 09:20:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 20:54 +0100, Chris Vine wrote:
> I should have thought they would all compile, the last because of Koenig
> lookup.

That's what I thought.  Indeed, that's what I a relying on.  My code
worked fine on g++-3.2 but now fails on the newer versions of g++.  Very
frustrating!

> Does it make any difference if you make dummyFunct a DummyFunct object rather
> than a reference to a DummyFunct object?

Yes it does (see the email I just sent to the list).  It works fine if I
use a functoid object rather than a reference to one.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Mark.