[LC++]Windows can use cpp in c code but in linux ?? I dont know how .

mojtaba mahdavi mahdavi110 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 18:53:01 UTC 2004

Hi all.

I am a windows programmer and want to migrate my codes to linux.

My problem is as followes.

I want to use cpp (File1.cpp) codes in c (File2.c) codes.

in windows I have done following and it is ok.

1- I wrote a cpp code (Wrap.cpp) that wraps my cpp code (File1.cpp) and
compiled it using cpp compiler.
( my strategy: for every method I wrote a c function that calls the methode.
each function gets a void * to the class handle and ... )

2- I exported my wrapper functions as C interfaces using extern "C". (Wrap.h)

3- in File2.c I used wrap.h and compiled it as a c code. every thing is fine.

Now I have trouble with linux to do that (because I am a newbie in linux).

at first, is it possible in linux ?? ( I think it must be possible ).

secondly, How do I it.

actually I have done above in linux but I got some error message.

My strateghy is as follows.

1- complie file1.cpp and wrap.cpp using gcc and making file1.o and
wrap.o. it is ok.
2- making library using ar command. it is ok. (mylib.a)
3- compile and link file2.c with mylib.a ..???????!!!!!!!!
	this generates an error.
		it says :

./libmylib.a(wrap.o)(.text+0xc):wrap.cpp: undefined reference to `
___gxx_personality_sj0'
./libmylib.a(wrap.o)(.text+0x44):wrap.cpp: undefined reference to
`operator new(unsigned)'
./libmylib.a(wrap.o)(.text+0x85):wrap.cpp: undefined reference to
`operator delete(void*)'
./libmylib.a(wrap.o)(.text+0xeb):wrap.cpp: undefined reference to
`operator delete(void*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

NOW.

what should I do ????