[LC++]scripting in C++

Torsten Rennett Torsten at Rennett.de
Thu Sep 30 05:01:01 UTC 2004

On Mittwoch, 29. September 2004 20:22, Jan Pfeifer wrote:
>  --- Torsten Rennett <Torsten at Rennett.de> escreveu:
> > Your "scriptc++" is simply a Makefile after all ...
>
> yes, the idea is to have something that do all this
> extra job of the Makefile and aliases automagically,
> especially for small scripts -- I find myself so often
> doing this kind of stuff.

May be the following is of some help for you:

Debian-Package: aap
 A-A-P is a dependency rule-based software build system like make.  It
 eliminates many of the warts of GNU Make and can evalute Python code
 embedded in the scripts.

I've never tried it myself -- just remembered that there was a make
replacement which sounds interesting.

> > BTW: If you don't like compiling -- why don't you
> > stay with Python?
>
> mostly because of the libraries. I'm very often
> switching between bash, php, sql, c++, perl, python,
> java ... what bothers me the most is that i'm always
> having to search for functions/parameters to do
> something in such or such language, even for simple
> things like trimming spaces from the end of a string.
> so I'm trying to converge most of my work to one
> language+library set.

Okay, I see ...

Torsten

--
Ingenieurbuero RENNETT      -- innovative Software-Entwicklung --
Torsten Rennett                    http://www.RENNETT.de