[LC++]interface and abstraction

Torsten Rennett Torsten at Rennett.de
Fri Oct 29 21:11:01 UTC 2004

On Freitag, 29. Oktober 2004 05:08, choube mehul wrote:
> hi all,
>     are interface and abstraction different concepts?

yes.

>     i think:
>
>     abstraction: a way to hide implementation details.
>
>     interface: methods provided for user.
>
>     am i correct?

Yes, you are.

What might be confusing is, that you have to use in C++ the same mechanism
(derivation) to achieve either of this two (theoretically different)
concepts. I have to admit, that Java is a bit clearer at this point.

Torsten

--
Ingenieurbuero RENNETT      -- innovative Software-Entwicklung --
Torsten Rennett                    http://www.RENNETT.de