[LC++]Quick CPP issue

James Mclean james at adam.com.au
Mon Jun 2 10:46:02 UTC 2003

Hi All,

I have noticed a difference that is a little annoying between my
systems... I have written and tested my test program on a couple of
systems I have access to, one is my workstation running Debian Woody
GNU/Linux, and the other my laptop, an Apple iBook running OS X 10.2
with Developer tools installed.

On the iBook, any C++ program I write must have the #include statements
in full, such as this...

#include <iostream.h>

If I miss the .h, it generates a compiler error (file not found). but on
my Workstation (Linux)...

#include <iostream>

works...

Is this a known, obvious fix? or perhaps OS X is broken?

Cheers

James