[LC++]couple of questions (was: Re: testing)

Mark Phillips mark at austrics.com.au
Tue Oct 30 18:55:11 UTC 2001

David Lloyd wrote:

> testing

Yes, it has been a bit quiet.

Just to liven things up a bit, here's a couple of things I have
been wondering about:

1. Does the STL "vector" sit inside the "std" namespace?  I thought
it did, yet I seem to be able to access it without dereferencing with
"std".  Either it doesn't use it, or perhaps I accidentally do a
"using namespace std" somewhere.  I don't think I do though.  Is there
anyway of telling what namespaces are visible at a certain point in
the code?

2. I would have thought "this[i].foo()" would mean the same as
"((*this)[i]).foo()", but it seems it doesn't (at least, according
to my gcc compiler).  It seems to mean "this.foo()" which to me is
crazy.  Can anyone explain!

Thanks,

Mark.