[LC++]Copy constructor etc

Torsten Rennett Torsten at Rennett.de
Thu Jul 26 00:50:06 UTC 2001

Jack Lloyd wrote:
> > Unfortunatly, I don't have a good reference infront of me.  To be
> > honest, I guess I have never seen a good reference for the STL.  Just
> > HOWTOs and the like.
>
> Same here. Stroustrup is oddly deficient in this area.

I can highly recommend the following book as tutorial and reference:

	Nicolai M. Josuttis:
	The C++ Standard Library: A Tutorial and Reference
	ISBN: 0-201-37926-0
	http://www.josuttis.com/libbook/index.html
	http://cseng.aw.com/book/0,3828,0201379260,00.html

Josuttis is an active member of the C++ Standard Committee library
working group.

And from the same author there is also a rather new book about learning
C++:
In german:
	Objektorientiertes Programmieren in C++
	Ein Tutorial für Ein- und Umsteiger
	Addison-Wesley Germany, 2001
	ISBN 3-8273-1771-1
	http://www.josuttis.com/cppbuch/index.html

In english (coming soon):
	Object-Oriented Programming in C++
	http://www.josuttis.com/cppbook/index.html

I found this the best books on the topic I've ever seen.
Have a look on the listed web pages for other comments.

Torsten

--
Ingenieurbuero RENNETT       -- innovative Individual-Software --
Torsten Rennett