[LC++]Tracking header files

Mark Phillips mark at austrics.com.au
Wed Aug 8 19:09:04 UTC 2001

In a program I am writing I want to use the
old C-string library function strcmp to compare
two C-strings.  Now presumably I want to do

#include <cstring>

in my header file.  But the funny thing is that
its not there, yet it compiles fine!!

Presumably one of the other include files I have
there, itself includes either cstring or string.h.
But it is tricky to work out where it is being
included.

My question is: is there any easy way of tracking
what include files are included from where?  For
complex programs there will be a whole hierachy
of inclusions.  It would be nice to have some tool
which shows you this hierachy --- does such a tool
exist?

Cheers,

Mark.