[TasLUG] Linux command-line apprentice needed

Robert Mesibov robert.mesibov at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 12:59:17 AEDT 2020

Hi, all.

I'm looking to train someone to substitute for me in an ongoing data
auditing job that doesn't pay much but also doesn't take up much time.

The job is command-line checking of scientific data tables, using AWK and
UNIX-vintage utilities. The tools I use are described in my Data Cleaner's
Cookbook and in my weekly data blog:

https://www.datafix.com.au/cookbook/
https://www.datafix.com.au/BASHing/

The ideal apprentice would already have long experience with the BASH shell
and standard utilities, at least some experience with AWK.

Please respond by direct email to me rather than through the TasLUG mailing
list.

Many thanks,
Bob
--
Dr Robert Mesibov
West Ulverstone, Tasmania, Australia 7315