[Taslug] Hobart Thursday 18th May Meeting - Taking the LEDE on Domestic Routers

Peter Lawler taslug at bleeter.id.au
Thu May 11 12:42:08 AEST 2017

On 11/05/17 09:51, Scott Bragg wrote:

> LEDE is a very active fork of OpenWRT, a free software for routers. In
> his talk, Peter will introduce you to LEDE on domestic routers and
> walk you through the steps of setting it up including implementing
> OpenVPN and utilising USB sticks to expand capabilities.
People have asked me, so I'll also give instructions on how to override
your upstream DNS provider. I have no idea why people want this. I guess
they're concerned about poisoning at their ISP or somesuch though I
don't know why anyone would suspect that kind of thing would go on.

If there's time for me to write it up in some form I'm happy yapping
about, I might also try and cover the 'image writer' (make your own
flashable firmware) as well as the SDK (port your favourite software)

Pete.