[Taslug] Hobart April 21st Meeting - Linux and Amateur Radio

Scott Bragg jsbragg at scriptforge.org
Sun Apr 17 18:53:01 AEST 2016

Hi LUGgers!

Our April meeting in Hobart is fast approaching. With a renaissance on
electronic kit building, and proliferation of software defined radios,
this month I'm going to be bringing along some of my radio gear to demo
some of the ways Linux and Amateur radio cross paths. However any other
hams are welcome to come along with some gear and add their demo. I'll
also give a rundown of what it takes to get or upgrade your license.

We're also starting to rev up the organising of LCA2017, so there will
be some talk of things like timeline and what kinds of help the team
needs to bring a successful event. So come along to our usual haunt,
Hotel SOHO!

When: Thursday, 21st April 2016, 6pm
Where: Hotel SoHo, Davey St, Hobart

Agenda:
6:00pm - Arrive, setup, grab a drink and order some food
6:30pm - Discussion table - Tech support , LCA2017 discussion and
monthly discoveries
7:30pm - Open Source and Amateur Radio demos
8:30pm - Finish up

Scott Bragg