[Taslug] some content-type stricter than text/plain ?

Peter Billam pj at pjb.com.au
Sun Apr 17 16:10:00 AEST 2016

Greetings all,  just testing...  Plus also:

Recently, all the   Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
emails I send to folks in the m$ Outlook world get enclosed in
an  ----- Original Message -----  section in their replies, in a
Totally Mutilated Reformatted form, with new lines eliminated.
Is there a magic formula I can invoke like   Content-Type:
  text/plain/alreadyformatted/containsvalidnewlines/handsoff;
or something like that ?

Regards,  Peter Billam

P.S.  On the perils of closed-source, from the BBC
(not normally a hotbed of activism), quoting Wired:

  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35984185
  The problem with forced tech obsolescence
  Nest - the Google-owned smart thermostat company - is giving up on
  its Revolv product, a little device that you can use to control other
  smart devices in your home ... To be clear - that doesn't just mean it
  will no longer be updated, it means it'll stop functioning altogether.
  Cease to be.  "My house will stop working," wrote Mr Gilbert.
  Writing in Wired magazine, Klint Finley described the move as
  proof that the so-called "Internet of Things" cannot be trusted.

P.P.S.  Nice to see a list again :-)

http://www.pjb.com.au      pj at pjb.com.au     (03) 6278 9410
"Follow the charge, not the particle."  --  Richard Feynman
 from The Theory of Positrons, Physical Review, 1949