[PyCon-AU-chat] Special events at PyCon Australia 2015

Clinton Roy clinton.roy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 21:29:55 AEST 2015

Hello everyone, we're into the home stretch of organising the conference
for you, here are some important updates. I'm cross posting this to chat in
case anyone has follow up questions.

*Dinner on Saturday night:*
Tonight is your last night to purchase dinner tickets! You'll still be able
to register for the conference after tonight, but you won't be able to
purchase dinner tickets.

*PyLadies Breakfast on Saturday morning: *
We’re cordially inviting anyone who identifies as a woman and has an
interest in Python to the PyLadies Breakfast on Saturday, August 1st, from
7am.

This will be a free event, made possible by our wonderful sponsor New Relic
<http://newrelic.com/>. The breakfast will be on-site at the conference
venue. There will be a cold breakfast buffet, as well as a selection of
fruit juices, tea, and coffee.

Spaces are limited, so *RSVP today!*
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1j49dD4lzdIs3Ec1ZW-s9nNByv3R2GO6POiXDuodrsg0/viewform>
Check out the PyLadies Australia <http://australia.pyladies.com/> website
to join the mailing list. Attendees agree to abide by the PyLadies Code of
Conduct <http://www.pyladies.com/CodeOfConduct/> and the PyconAU Code of
Conduct <https://2015.pycon-au.org/register/code_of_conduct>.

*Call for Workshops Mentors:*
In order to reach out to the wider community, we're running two workshops
this year at The Edge (part of the State Library, just across the river
from the conference venue): DjangoGirls and Electronics. The workshops run
on the morning of Monday 3rd August, the first morning of the Sprints.
We'll be providing coffee and nibblies, finishing in time to head back to
the conference venue for lunch. Sign up form for Mentors.
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1j4wsc6XucYUUpVP7B3HpNGnRcVa0KARLHQeJkc041Vs/viewform>

So get form-filling :)
--
Clinton Roy