[PHPwestoz] problem with includes

Gnitnop G gnitnop at ymail.com
Tue Feb 23 19:05:49 EST 2010

Oops! I should have said I'm using mysql PDOs.
anyways after a read thru the manual heres what I found.

"$conn" returns a PDO object
"$conn->query($sql)" returns a PDOStatement Object
"$query($sql)" returns an array

since the last line returns an array the $conn object should be iterable.

Moreover, I have also tested it without a database service for A.php. I removed all db handling code from A.php and am able to login. I have no problem. thats because the dbconnect object is already created by login2.php and its just once. So I am able to login because A.php doesnt include dbconnect.php(just for the test). The problem kicks in when A.php locally includes dbconnect.php. Thats when there is a confiict of object creation. first login2.php creates the object (obviously by doing a   $conn = dbConnect('query'); new PDO blah blah..) and then the local script A.php has its own include to dbconnect.php.

So I can say after testing that the code is fine when the includes are switched off.

I also tried persistent connections by adding another argument in the new PDO constructor
array(PDO::ATTR_PERSISTENT => true); and then making all $conn=null on completion of each local script, but that didnt seem to work either....probably I was missing something else, but I cut the research since I thought I was going away in a tangent.

have anyone struck gold yet?

thanks
greymatter