[PHPwestoz] Generating XML, for DOM work in JS

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 06:59:01 UTC 2006

I know about JSON, and for what I'm doing, think it's over kill... I'm
sure XML is overkill as well.

What is the 'right' way to do this, without using innerHTML? On the JS
side, I have managed to create DOM nodes, and append them to the
childnodes of a div, which is basically what innerHTML is doing, and
what I want done. But of course, I then have to create node for each
piece of formatting. The actually data coming from the PHP side can
need to be displayed in a few format's, but always appended to a div.
Hence I was hoping to put the grunt of the formatting on the
ServerSide, so the client just had to append a few nodes.

Hopefully someone on here knows the 'correct' alternative to using
innerHTMl (or even just another way).

Why do I not want to use innerHTMl? Because I want to TRY other
methods, and see how easy they are to use, and if they give us more
power than justs appending HTML.

Thanks

Tim

Linux Counter user #273956