[PHPwestoz] PHP Library for Forms and database

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 12:10:02 UTC 2005

Hi. I'm looking for a PHP library, that makes it easy to create a
(HTML) form, for inputting data into a database.
Basically, I want to be able to define a list of data types and
variables, of the data i want, and the library creates a form for me.
It then validates it according to my rules, and a bonus would be that
it updates a database. (I should be fine using pear db and sql
though).

Some things I would like, is for one of the fields to be a drop down
box, with a list of values retrieved from a database. If the user
can't find what they need in the drop down, then they need to be able
to type their own value. So, if they type their own value, the form
must return the value, otherwise it can return the id of the entry in
the drop down box, so I can just insert the ID field, rather than
having to search the database again for an ID field. If they typed
their own value, then i'll run a sql query to put it into a table, and
get it's ID and insert that into the database.

Thanks

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956