[Media] Website not displaying correctly for Chrome with uBlock Origin

Miles Goodhew miles at m0les.com
Mon Sep 23 00:04:13 AEST 2019

Hi all,
  A query came to the council mailing list saying that the LA website was
broken using Chrome with uBlock Origin installed. I can confirm using
Chromium that it was indeed pretty poor (The dev console was flagging 11
errors for me on the main page - I don't have the skills to comprehend what
they all mean).
  The email went on to implicate the Avada theme was a factor in the
problems (And I could see its name in some of the console errors, so that's
a tick from me too). Having a look about the management interface, I
noticed the Avada Fusion Patcher tab had 4 pending updates and the last of
these had "Chrome" in its description (Do you like how scientifically I'm
doing this investigation?). So I applied all the patches (As they're
chained: There's no pick and mix).
  Anyway the site now renders much better in Chrome and I currently only
see 2 remaining JS errors due to "client blocked" Twitter resources (Which
I presume is uBlock doing its thing).
  While I was in the management interface, I noticed an update to the
redirection plugin (dated today) - so I thought I might as well apply this
also.
  Generally the site looks "better" now, but I fully admit I barely
comprehend how WP works, so if anyone with more WP fu than I feels like
having a check to see if anything's on fire, be my guest.

Thanks,

M0les.