[Media] LA Subcommittee check: linux.conf.au, Media and Communications

Marco Ostini marco.ostini at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 10:56:42 AEDT 2018

Hi Cherie,

Nice to hear from you.

In the past I have been and I would like to continue to be on an LA /
lca Media and Communications subcommittee. I have a few ongoing ideas
of how mainstream media might be better engaged, especially from the
perspective of engaging the ABC to do an 'Australian Story' type
documentary on the history of lca, which can certainly be presented in
a way that is fascinating and engaging to average viewer. ABC radio
would also be an easier group to target with a narrower and
less-aligned demographic.

In the past when I spoke to people at the ABC about it they had
problems with it being about a community, rather than an individual
but I certainly don't see this as an insurmountable problem.

TLDR; an LA Media and Communications subcommittee is of value in my
eyes and I'd like to contribute towards one for the benefit of LA, and
FOSS in general.

Cheers,
Marco