[Media] Fwd: WordCamp Melbourne 2013

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Fri Nov 1 12:56:51 EST 2013

for our next newsletter

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	WordCamp Melbourne 2013
Date: 	Tue, 23 Jul 2013 10:50:57 +1000
From: 	Denise Teal <dee at thewebprincess.com>
To: 	Kathy Reid <kathy at kathyreid.id.au>

  WordCamp Melbourne took place at RMIT in the heart of Melbourne in the
last weekend in April 2013.  This was the first Australian WordCamp to
sell out with a contingent of 320 delegates and we were thrilled to see
the conference build on the great success of our Sydney event just 9
months earlier.

Running 27 sessions across two streams, one for Users/Bloggers and one
for Developers/Business owners, there was a real buzz around the whole
venue as people connected and reconnected over this great software.  We
were really stoked to host Jen Mylo from Automattic who came over from
the US and delivered our keynote, encouraging the delegation towards
greater diversity and based on the community feedback it seems like we
gave the next Australian WordCamp a high bar to meet!

Thanks again to Linux Australia for providing great infrastructure for
us, the event wouldn't have run half as smoothly with out you! Cheers!

Dee Teal
WordCamp Melbourne 2013