[Lugcomms] LUGS! Tell us your meet times. And news. We want to hear from you.

Kim Hawtin kim at hawtin.net.au
Wed May 15 22:51:21 EST 2013

Hi Kathy,

On 12/05/13 09:59, Kathy Reid wrote:
> Ohai LUGs,
>
> Just a friendly note that we're starting to collate content for the next
> Linux Australia newsletter.
> So, if you have meeting dates, interesting news etc that you're happy
> for us to share, please let the team at media at lists.linux.org.au know :-)

Currently running on the Fourth Thursday of each month, talks start 6pm,
then head out for social chat/drinks/food.

The venue changes, but working on something a bit more suitable.
Aiming for a miniconf feel, lightning talks for about an hour,
everything FLOSS; software, hardware, data, culture...

We kicked off in February 2012, after many Adelaide folks approached me
at LCA, looking for a suitable forum to get their FLOSS tech talk fix =)

If you poke us just before news release time, I can provide you with
updated details. As I am negotiating a better venue, probably time and
days as well... we shall see =)

regards,

Kim